De Tullio Law Firm is an Italian legal practice specialized in advising property buyers worldwide. Its lawyers have extensive experience in and knowledge of Italian real estate, so if you are contemplating buying or selling a villa in Sardinia, a farmhouse in Tuscany, a property in Lazio, an off-plan property in Calabria – no matter what type of property and its location, De Tullio can facilitate your plans by providing legal expertise on all aspects of residential and commercial property law across Italy.
As you know, retiring in Italy is a big decision. Apart from issues concerning family and friends, there are so many concerns around pensions, tax and health care costs, real estate and inheritance laws which are essential to get to grips with for a trouble-free and successful move to Italy.
Our advice is to retain the services of an independent legal advisor who can offer you a comprehensive range of services to help make your retirement in Italy a smooth process, such as:
– Guidance throughout the conveyancing process, assisting you from the early stages of the transaction until completion in front of the notary public;
– Introductions to independent professionals, such as surveyors, and architects, who can organize structural surveys concerning the condition of the property and provide advice to you on remedies for defects;
– Drafting of tenancy agreements fully compliant with Italian legislation if you are considering letting your property to generate income while you are not in Italy;
– Support with organising insurance policies such as, home and contents insurance or private health insurance (compulsory for non EU citizens applying for a visa or residence permit);
– Application for your Italian tax code
– Assistance with opening an Italian bank account;
– Support with obtaining a residence certificate ;
– Introductions to independent financial experts, who can advise you regarding pensions, savings and tax issues. It is extremely important to understand how your assets are taxed in Italy, including your real estate property and any sources of income;
– In depth knowledge of inheritance issues.
– Advice and will-writing to make sure that your Italian property is disposed of in accordance with your wishes and compliant with Italian law;
– Translation of all Italian documents, including legal paper work. We will also help you to obtain legally authenticated translations of important documents when the need arises. In this way we can 12 guarantee there are no discrepancies between the original and translated versions of important documents.